DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics: What are they?
DecoArt Media fluid acrylic paints are highly pigmented fluid acrylics, formulated to deliver professional artist performance at all skill levels and at an affordable price.
They are a great alternative to Golden Fluid Acrylics!
Fluid Acrylics are flexible, inter mixable, durable, and permanent.
- Excellent tinting strength
- Light fast pigments
- Satin finish
- Superior adhesion
- Quick and easy clean-up
- Water-based and non-toxic
- 1 oz (29ml) or 8oz (230ml) bottles
- Made in the USA
Fluid Acrylics Colour Chart
Colour washes and glazes are strong and vibrant because of the high pigment load of the Media Fluid Acrylics.
No fillers or matting agents have been added, so the colours remain clear and intense.
We have brought in a small selection of colours to Australia to gauge your interest so if you are after colours not listed here, simply contact us here and we’ll get them in for you 🙂
How to Use Fluid Acrylics
- Use alone or mix with mediums such as modelling paste to create various textures and unique effects.
Due to their pigment strength, only a small amount of Fluid Acrylics will be needed when tinting mediums, which will prevent thinning of the medium.
- Use on any surface such as canvas, art journal, mixed media paper and more!
Fluid Acrylic Tutorials
1. Learn the properties of Media Fluid Acrylics & how to use them in mixed media art!
2. Create a unique background by using Media Fluid Acrylics with alcohol with this Andy Skinner technique
Colours used in this video: Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide, Phtalo Turquoise, Primary Magenta, Titanium White and white gesso.
3. Watercolour Technique with Catherine Scanlon
4. Girl with Bird Mixed Media Canvas
Get some modelling paste here to do this tutorial 😉
5. Floral Art Journal Page Tutorial with Tracy Weinzapfel
6. Art tags with Kate Crane