Mixed Media Portraits: set your portraits apart from the rest!
Mixed Media Portraits is a wonderful book by mixed media artist Pam Carriker.
Portraits can be an intimidating subject but not with Art At the Speed of Life author and workshop instructor Pam Carriker as your teacher!
She helps you take on faces one quick sketch at a time for faster, easier, more enjoyable drawing and painting.
Not your average book on drawing the face, Mixed Media Portraits With Pam Carriker shows easy ways to draw more realistic faces in your own signature style. The goal is not an immaculate finished portrait, but a continually growing collection of personal, expressive sketches that you can use and reuse in your mixed-media work.
Inside you’ll find:
- An easy-to-learn face-mapping technique that allows you to draw faces from your imagination, without a model or photo in front of you
- Mini-demonstrations breaking down each facial feature
- Simple color combinations for mixing both realistic and out-of-the-ordinary skin tones
- 15 step-by-step projects featuring original ways to use your portraits as starting points for mixed-media masterpieces
- Tons of expert tips, from selecting the right pencil for the job to creating self-portraits, working with reference photos and using transfer techniques
In the true spirit of mixed media, this book is all about combining, layering and experimenting in your pursuit of portrait nirvana. It will get you out of your comfort zone and into the habit of making faces that are truly and uniquely your own.
8 x 0.5 x 10 inches, 160 pages, soft cover.
Mixed Media Portrait with Pam Carriker
5 stars by Cynthia Stroo
This portrait book is a wonderful asset for both the beginning and seasoned artists, alike. It has clear instructions and photos that are instructive and inspiring.
Pam provides information on supplies used and techniques to achieve portraits that will give the artist a sense of accomplishment .
This is a book, yes, but it really feels more like a wonderful workshop, jam packed with ideas,information, and instruction.
You can take her techniques and then apply your own style to her methods,like I have in the photo provided here. Because her book is a launching point for your creativity to take over with her skillful techniques as the basis .
I highly recommend this book and have given one to a friend, who was as thrilled as I have been with the work that we are producing by following along with Pam’s book.