Have you tried Gelli printing yet??
This Gelli Printing Plate by Gel Press measures 8×10 in (20.3 x2 5.4cm) so the larger size gives you more possibilities!
It looks and feels like gelatin, but:
- It is durable, reusable and is simply stored at room temperature
- It’s easy to clean and always ready for printing.
- The gratification is immediate, and the prints are too cool!
- You can use your Gelli Printing Plate 8×10 in over and over again!
It comes in a sturdy clam shell packaging which makes it easy to store and protect your Gelli plate.
Want to create awesome marks and texture? Get the Catalyst silicone tools!
Monoprinting on a gel plate is simple and fun for all ages!
Who doesn’t love getting their Gelli Printing Plate 8×10 in out for a big monoprinting session??
When the mood strikes… I just clear my large studio table, put my big Gelli plate in the middle and:
– Put all my paint on one side
– Have a pack of sheets handy to be grabbed
– Make sure I have my box of mark making tools nearby
– Bring all my stencils close
And then… LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!
I end up with a stack of the most wonderful, colourful and textured Gelli prints! I love using them as journal pages, I cut them down to make greeting cards and tags, etc…
Get a gel plate storage tin to store it in style!
Gelli printing tutorials
Although the videos below use the gel plates by Gelli Arts, the products and techniques are the same 😉
1. How to use your brand new Gel Printing Plate
2. Faux marbling technique on the Gel plate
This is so simple and effective!
The beautiful marbling effect is achieved simply by adding hemp strands between 2 printed sheets…
Well done Birgit for coming up with such amazing results 🙂
If you give this a go, make sure to upload a photo in the review tab!
3. Layering technique with tissue paper
Here is what you will need:
- Acrylic paint (Liquitex Basics work well here, or try Dylusions Paints for a more opaque results)
- Deli paper sheets so you can then use your prints in collages 🙂
- Stencils (if you like the one with circles, try Carabelle Studio Stones Arrangement Mask or Tim Holtz Stencil Ringer if you are using a small gelli plate or StencilGirl Circles Circles Stencil for the larger gelli plates)
- Stamps (the awesome stamp with typography is the Carabelle Studio Letterpress Storage Stamp
- Matt gel medium
- Watercolour paper or mixed media paper
4. Using spray inks on your gelli plate
5. Make your own glazed paints for transparent layers
This is really cool and if you don’t have empty tubes, just use any container you have (if it has small compartments and is airtight then it’s perfect).
Use stencils like you normally would but with glazed paints, each layer you create will be slightly transparent, allowing you to see previous layers… Beautiful!!
Get some art printing plates (such as the Carabelle Studio texture plates or Clearsnap stamp mats) like on the video!