Dina Wakley Primitive Icons Stamps for awesome texture in your mixed media art!
Use this awesome set of Dina Wakley Primitive Icons stamps to really make your art stand out!
Made by Ranger, these fun rubber cling stamps will help you inject texture and personality on your art journal pages, greeting cards and any mixed media project without even breaking a sweat 🙂
This package contains 11 different stamps on one 9x6 inch sheet.
Mixed media tutorials using the Primitive Icons Stamp Set
We love the use of negative space and simplicity of this art journal page by MixedMediaJenn! Here are the steps she took to create it:
- Start with covering your page with gesso (make sure to use mixed media paper or watercolour paper)
- Scratch into the gesso with a fork to create interesting texture
- Use black or dark grey permanent ink (such as Stazon Jet Black / Stone Gray or Ranger Watering Can) and stamp fun circles randomly on your page
- Dilute fluid acrylics with a little water (such as Golden or DecoArt fluid acrylics) and dab your page with a little orange, then some red. Make sure to stay mostly in the centre of your page. Dry and add more colour if needed…
- Repeat the process with a little yellow to intensify your previous colours until you are happy (create a few drips while you’re at it!)
- Dab a little black Dylusions acrylic on your Dina Wakley Primitive Icon stamp and stamp on a printed book page. Repeat the process to create blue and lime green leaves. Cut them up and put them aside.
- Use a ‘fine text’ stamp and black ink to add texture over your painted area (use the Tim Hotz Word stamp or Carabelle Studio Circles & Text stamp)
- Create a few splatters on your page with diluted black acrylic, then diluted blue acrylic
- Use gel medium to glue your main cutout shape roughly in the centre of your painted area
- Dip a makeup sponge in blue paint and lightly stamp the edge of your page to outline it
- Glue your cutout leaves with gel medium
- Add a few printed words of your choice and outline them with a black pencil 🙂
Mixed media art made with the Dina Wakley Primitive Icon stamp set
Have you used the Primitive Icons stamps in your art? Send us a great photo of it for a chance to be featured on this page and provide inspiration to your fellow artists!
Click on images to see them in full 😉